Expert Workshop, Brussels, 18 February, 2016
January 27, 2016 | By Vicky Reid |
An expert workshop was held in Brussels on February 18th, 2016, hosted by the Foundation for European Progressive Studies on the Measurement of Digital Work
The event took place at the offices of the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS) at 40 Rue Montoyer, Brussels. It was hosted by FEPS.Programme Presentations
Designed to bring together key experts from statistics-producing and statistics-using bodies, the workshop focused on how to capture information in the official statistics on:
- new forms of work and employment enabled by digitisation
- employers’ use of digital labour including ‘crowdsourcing’
- online platforms that manage and co-ordinate work in the ‘sharing economy’
- Pamela Meil (ISF, Germany) presented the work of Working Group 4 of the COST Action.
- Elva Bova (FEPS) presented the work of the FEPS/UNI-Europa Digital Footprint Project being carried out in association with the University of Hertfordshire.
Formal presentations of relevant surveys and statistics were then made by:
- Greet Vermeylen (Eurofound)
- Janine Berg (ILO)
- Simon Joyce (University of Hertfordshire, UK)
- Peter Nielsen (Statistics Denmark)
- David Gierten (OECD)
- Steven Dhondt (TNO, Netherlands)
- Ilaria Masselli (Centre for European Policy Studies)
The meeting was chaired by Ursula Huws (University of Hertfordshire, UK).